The SALT CPD Framework is pedagogically driven and underpinned by evidence. It is mapped to the HEA UKPSF and will incorporate Open Digital Badges where possible.
Its aims are to:
- Support all staff to continually improve the quality of teaching
- Offer a programme of professional development activities for all staff
- Set expectations in relation to professional development
- Develop and support a wide range and broad definition of CPD
- Improve the quality of the student learning and outcomes for students
It is made up of the following main elements:
Elements of PGCert HE for ALL Staff
Patches from the PGCert made available to all, even if you’re not doing the PGCert.
For example, Inclusivity.
Technology Enhanced Learning
SALT’s origins lie in supporting the use of technology to enhance Learning and Teaching and it is still something we are involved in today, supporting the pedagogic use of Blackboard and other applications. We are just about to start IT month with a programme of events through September and October #SUTEL17.
Booking for TEL month and more details here.
Open Door Teaching
Open door teaching is a CPD approach pioneered at Curtin University in Western Australia, which is now being developed here at Swansea.
It is a collegial approach to sharing excellent teaching practice, by simply watching good teachers teach and talking to them about it afterwards.
We are in the process of setting the process up and will be launching it at an event in January 2018.
All icons on this page from: Icons8