(image by Debbie Baff @debbaff)
The SALT CPD Framework is pedagogically driven and underpinned by evidence. It is mapped to the HEA UKPSF and will incorporate Open Digital Badges where possible.
Its aims are to:
- Support all staff to continually improve the quality of teaching
- Offer a programme of professional development activities for all staff
- Set expectations in relation to professional development
- Develop and support a wide range and broad definition of CPD
- Improve the quality of the student learning and outcomes for students
It is made up of the following main elements:
Bite Size Elements of PGCert HE for ALL Staff
Patches from the PGCert made available to all, even if you’re not doing the PGCert.
For example, Inclusivity.
Technology Enhanced Learning
SALT’s origins lie in supporting the use of technology to enhance Learning and Teaching and it is still something we are involved in today, supporting the pedagogic use of Blackboard and other applications.
New for September 2018 !!
“Back to the Blackboard” – Support and Development Sessions for Swansea University Staff
Throughout September, we are pleased to offer staff a range of CPD opportunities specifically aimed at supporting and developing staff use of Blackboard. There will be a number of sessions at both Singleton and the Bay campuses, between September 10th and September 28th, on selected Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Choose from:
- “Blackboard Top Tips” – to help improve navigation, aesthetics, accessibility and enhance the user experience
- Drop-in sessions – to allow you to meet with SALT TEL staff on a one to one basis, quick fixes, talk about ideas, a quick bit of help
- Black Board ‘Walk-through’ sessions (NEW) – featuring whistle-stop tours around some good examples of current modules, delivered by academic staff from Swansea University
To make it even easier to join in, some sessions will be available through Blackboard Collaborate, which is now available on any Blackboard Module under ‘Tools’. ‘Walkthrough’ sessions will be recorded and live streamed.
The full timetable can be viewed here.
Click on Upcoming Events to register for the session(s) of your choice. There is no registration needed for the Drop-in sessions – simply come along to the specified room.
For more information or questions about the programme, please contact Rhian Ellis at SALT on firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. 01792 604302
CPD from your seat
A selection of self-contained CPD. Some small and some big !
All icons on this page from: Icons8