A summary of Martin Dougiamas talking about Moodle developments.
For those of you who don’t have time to read the summary, the most interesting bits are:
- Certainty based marking. Right and certain – best marks. Wrong, but less certain – lose, but lose less … Lots of development in quizzes …
- Mobile a hugely important area. Many mobile apps for Moodle coming out. Most of them work in different ways ! Officially developed app can talk to Moodle directly, securely. Different apps – press a button, make a phone call, send a message … iPhone and Android in development.
- Trying to implement better SCORM support.
- Hubs … Community hubs, pay hubs, private hubs. Sharing courses (downloadable as Moodle Backups) and sharing communities of practice. You connect your Moodle to a hub and search.
- This will surely only grow …