MS-M13 – PR, Branding & Promotion
Number of Students: 60
Day, Time and Location: Tuesday, 11:00 – 13:00, Faraday J
This year, Sian is offering the majority of the taught sessions of her MS-M13 module, Public Relations Theory, as she feels they all fairly well illustrate her approach.
The aim with the class is to use a technique for managing large classes, whilst still including interactive and small group work. As a result, the session essentially runs as small class teaching within a large class setting and utilises multiple instances of small group breakout work, discussion and questioning to facilitate this.
Although this is an MA module, the subject is new to many students so there is an element of introduction, whilst also extending those students who have prior knowledge. There is a broad mix of home and international students.
Teaching methods used:
- Active Learning
- Audience Participation
- Authentic Assessment
- Formative Assessment
- Group Work
- Large Student Numbers
Sessions (click on session date to book):
- 8th October 2019 – Public Relations and Propaganda: arch enemies or the same thing ?
- 22nd October 2019 – Who Drives the Media Agenda ?
- 29th October 2019 – Crisis and Reputation Management
- 5th November 2019 – Branding History & Principles
- 19th November 2019 – Brand Management and Corporate Social Responsibility
- 3rd December 2019 – PR & Promotional Tactics