As of 21/12/2021 we are running version 3.10 of Xerte. It is currently running separate from Canvas but Xerte Objects can be exported from Xerte and imported into Canvas courses. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance on creating an account.
New features in 3.10 include 360 degree pages, hotspot pages and crossword pages. Please see the Xerte website for details.
- Rapidly create quality interactive learning resources or get learners creating for each other.
- Use Xerte objects online or export and use offline where connectivity is limited.
- Put together different page types for different pedagogical purposes – eg presenting information, exploring alternative viewpoints, and assessing understanding or providing open ended explorations.
- Easy to share and adapt other’s learning resources.
- Instant online – click Publish and set the object property to Public and your learning resource is viewable on the web at the url supplied.
- Mobile friendly – html5 export works on a range of smartphones and tablet devices.
- Set more quizzes but do less marking
Xerte enables users to easily create accessible, interactive, engaging e-learning resources, with no programming knowledge required.
What are the benefits for both creators and users?
- Tutors can create quality interactive learning resources, and students can also create resources for each other.
- Xerte learning objects can be used online, or exported and used offline where connectivity is limited. It is also easy to share and adapt others’ learning resources
- Xerte can be easily embedded in, or linked to, Blackboard
- You can put together different page types for different pedagogical purposes: presenting information, exploring alternative viewpoints, summative assessment, interactivity etc
- Instant online access: click ‘Publish’ and set the object property to Public, and your learning resource is viewable on the web at the url supplied
- Mobile friendly: the html5 export works on a wide range of smartphones and tablet devices
- Set more quizzes but do less marking: create self-marking quizzes enabling learners to self-test with instant feedback