Many men and women have heard or read about the unique Fellowship called Learning Technologists Anonymous since its founding. People who once used learning technology to excess, finally acknowledged that they could not handle learning technology in its current form, and now live a new way of life.
1. We admitted we were powerless over the latest learning technology -that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn developing our strategies over to the learning community as we understood it.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
5. Admitted to the learning community and to ourselves the exact nature of our wrongs.
6. Were entirely ready to remove all these defects of character.
7. Humbly asked the learning community to work with us to remove our shortcomings.
8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through Appreciative Inquiry to improve our conscious contact with the learning community, to understand their needs and find ways to work together to support those needs.
12. Having had a ‘spiritual awakening’ as the result of these steps we tried to carry this message to learning technologists and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
‘When you’re dealing with someone who only has a pair of underpants on, if you take his underpants off, he has nothing left – he’s naked. You’re better off trying to find him a pair of trousers to complement him rather than change him.’
I thought you guys wore your underpants on the outside!
Humbly noting that she has been guilty of most of the listed offences….I fear I am doomed: "Doomed I tell you, we are all doomed!!" (with all due acknowledgements to Private Fraser of Dad's Army)