For the sake of viewer convenience, the content is shown below in the alternative language. You may click the link to switch the active language.
The Teaching Online series of episodes on YouTube shares 11 short videos (approx. 3mins each) presented by Dave Cormier. Dave Cormier is an educational activist, researcher and online community advocate. These videos serve as guiding principles for teaching online. It comprises of the following episodes:
- Moving to teaching online is not a technology problem
- Teaching online is about information abundance
- Complicated vs. Complex
- Learning to evaluate good/bad information on the internet is a core literacy
- Pedagogies of care
- Thinking of content as teacher presence
- Keep it simple
- Keep it equitable and accessible
- Keep it engaging
- Designing for what the web can do for you
- Gather together
These episodes are talking head videos, where Dave shares some of his insights into each area. There are no demonstrations of specific tools or examples included, the videos deal more with principles.